Gehört zu: Consulting
Business Intelligence Platforms (aus Notizbuch)
Definition: Business intelligence (BI) platforms provide a BI application development environment for complex, custom applications.
Justification for Hype Cycle Position/Adoption
- Speed: BI platforms have been around for many years in the form of decision support systems, online analytical processing engines or packaged data warehouses. Adoption beyond the departmental level is just beginning.
- Business Impact Areas: Complex analysis and corporate-level BI applications.
- Benefit Rating: Moderate.
- Market Penetration: Five percent to 20 percent of target audience.
- Maturity: Early mainstream.
- Example Vendors: SAS, Hyperion, Microsoft, SAS and SAP.
- Recommended Reading: “Magic Quadrants for Enterprise BI Suites and Platforms, 2H04
- Analysis by Howard Dresner